Stone + Brick
• Water repellent (hydrophobic) and dirt repellent (oleophobic).
• Time and cost saving with single coat application.
• Easy application through spraying, brushing roller etc.
• Optically neutral (colourless, transparent).
• Stable at varying temperatures.
• Low cleaning and maintenance requirements.
• Retains the quality of surface.
• Ecologically beneficial & biologically safe.
• Resistance against dirt, algae, etc.
• Saves time and money through self-cleaning effect.
• Environmentally friendly.
$39.95 – $440.00 inc GST
Nanoman Stone + Brick is a clear, colourless, breathable, abrasion-resistant, easy to clean, waterproofing spray ideal for mineral substrates. It is recommended for all types of outdoor and indoor stone, brick, concrete and terracotta surfaces including, patios, verandahs, landscaping, furniture and kitchen bench tops.
It is a nanotechnology enabled stone and brick coating penetrating sealer with self-organizing Nano components that form an invisible layer on the surface to provide excellent water and dirt repellent properties.
Nanoman Stone + Brick is a very versatile penetrating sealer and coating in one which outperforms traditional solvent based sealers.
After applying Nanoman Stone + Brick dirt and grime particles such as grease and oily substances, calk and contaminants from the environment can no longer permeate and be absorbed by the mineral surface. Dirt particles are easy to remove, without the need for abrasive cleaning solvents or cleaning devices.
• Placement and location will impact the durability of Nanoman Stone + Brick.
• Life span of up to 7 years in most conditions and longer in some environments.
• If you are in an environment that produces a lot of friction against the coated surface i.e. a windy desert or seaside location, its life span may be shortened.
• Nanoman Stone + Brick covers 70ml to 100ml m2.
1. How does Nanoman Stone + Brick work?
Nanoman Stone + Brick contains specifically modified functional nano particles that self assemble and produce a two-dimensional net matrix on the surface that becomes both hydrophobic (water repellant) and anti-stick. Water simply pearls off the coated surface taking dirt and other impurities with it.
2. Will Nanoman harm my surfaces?
Definitely not. In fact Nanoman products create a protective barrier that will actually strengthen the surface. This barrier is only 50-60 nanometers thick, which is invisible to the human eye. Due to the porous nature of stone and brick etc, microscopic nano particles will also penetrate and spread out inside these materials, boosting its protective effect. Ideal for food preparation surfaces as once cured the surface is food safe.
3. What is the durability of Nanoman Stone + Brick?
Up to 7 years but will vary depending upon environmental factors.
4. Is the sealant biologically safe?
Nanoman Stone + Brick has been certified food safe after curing and contains no toxic chemicals that could be harmful to the environment or users. Notwithstanding this, we recommend the wearing of gloves and that the work area be sufficiently ventilated. Nanoman Stone + Brick should not be ingested and in the event of eye contact, washed out immediately in water.
5. Does temperature affect Nanoman Stone + Brick?
Nanoman is stable at varying temperatures but is best applied at temperatures above 4° Celsius.
Recommended curing times will increase with increased humidity. Nanoman should be stored in a sealed container, away from light, ideally within the temperature range +5° to +25° degrees Celsius.
Once treated, the surface becomes UV and thermal shock resistant.
6. How can I seal large surfaces – by hand or by using a sprayer?
It doesn’t matter which way the sealant is applied. For larger surfaces, a sprayer is best. However you may also apply by painting, brushing or rolling on.
7. Can I use Nanoman Stone + Brick on my new kitchen bench top?
Yes. Nanoman Stone + Brick can be used on any mineral surface both inside and outside the home and is perfect for protecting your brand new or used kitchen or bathroom stone bench tops.
8. How do I clean surfaces treated with Nanoman Stone + Brick?
Nanoman products are designed to cut your cleaning time significantly and eliminate the need to use aggressive cleaners that are harmful to our environment. Note that aggressive chemical cleaners will actually reduce the lifespan of the Nano coating. We recommend cleaning only with water and wipe down with a soft cloth or towel. For larger outdoor areas, you may use a high-pressure hose (set to the lowest water pressure possible), however we caution against over use as this will reduce the lifespan of the nano coating.
9. How long does it take for the coatings to set?
Nanoman Stone + Brick takes 7-8 hours to set and will continue to penetrate and improve it’s effectiveness over time. During the initial period the surface should be kept completely dry and untouched.
Nanoman Stone + Brick is a high-performance, penetrating sealer for the protection of porous mineral surfaces such as marble, granite, concrete, brick, stone, and cementitious materials. Once applied nano-scale particles self-organise and bond with the surface structure forming an invisible long lasting barrier against dirt, grime and anything the environment can throw up against it. Nanoman Stone + Brick is perfect to seal all types of stone and mineral surfaces, from pathways, cobbles and pavement slabs to mortar and lime render, brickwork, blockwork and stone cladding and walling.
This nano coating does not allow algae and scale formation as the ability of foreign particles to adhere to the surface is greatly reduced. The nano-particles work their way into the porous mineral surfaces creating a robust anti-damp effect, which due to the nano-particles elasticity is immune to thermal expansion and contraction. Porous mineral surfaces of all description will stay cleaner and stain free for longer with any dirt easily removed without the need for abrasive cleaning solvents or cleaning devices. With liquids unable to permeate into the surface most contaminants are simply picked up by water /damp cloth (rain or manual spraying) and roll off the surface. The coating is optically neutral enabling it to be completely transparent and while applied over stone surface, the colour of surface remains unchanged.
Nanoman Stone + Brick is water based and contains no solvents making it VOC Free. This means the product releases zero toxins into the air and your environment making it safer to handle, apply and live with. It is ideally suited to protect internal areas where no possible solvent release is required. It is also ideal for new build and commercial work to satisfy low VOC’s as part of the building management policy.
- Only one coat required – save on material and labour.
- No second coat required –no double clean up, no wasted time waiting around to apply second coat.
- VOC Free.
- Easy application process by brush roller or spray.
- Totally transparent, no change in appearance of coated surface.
- Durable –at least 5 years protection.
- Generates an invisible breathable protective layer penetrating up to 10mm deep into the material to prevent water and staining entering.
- Resistance against dirt, algae, etc.
- Vapour permeability – Fully breathable No blocking of pore