Anti Graffiti Porous
easy one coat application
- Savings in time and cost to remove graffiti.
- Graffiti can be removed easily with a VOC free cleaner, leaving no residue.
- Non sacrificial – sustains multiple graffiti removals.
- Single coat application that’s long lasting and durable.
- Reduction in the use of consumables and removers.
- No ongoing recoat and unsightly colour patches.
- No sophisticated cleaning equipment required.
- Long lasting protection – durable life of up to 10 years on vertical surfaces depending on the material, use and maintenance of the surface.
- Tested by CSIRO and complies fully with the APAS1441 certification.
$125.00 – $490.00 inc GST
Nanoman Anti Graffiti Porous is an advanced, long lasting one coat, non sacrificial, anti-graffiti coating specially formulated to protect surfaces from the permanent defacing by undesirable graffiti. The anti-graffiti coating makes graffiti removal simple and quick without damaging the surface painted or otherwise. Unlike other anti-graffiti coatings that erode after a few cleanings, Nanoman Anti Graffiti allows graffiti to be removed countless times without reapplication. Spray, brush or roll it directly to bare brick and concrete, or previously painted surfaces. It applies and dries quickly, with excellent adhesion properties. Nanoman Anti Graffiti is eco-friendly, eliminating the need for harsh environmentally damaging chemical graffiti removers. In addition, coated surfaces become hydrophobic and self-cleaning to normal environmental contaminants increasing the life of the coated item.
Ideal protection for all porous surfaces including concrete, masonry, brickwork, terracotta, timber, painted surfaces and furniture.
1. What surface materials can I use this on?
Nanoman AG (porous) can be used on brick, concrete, tile, sandstone, bluestone, timber and materials like compressed cement sheeting and modwood. We have a different type of AG coating for materials like steel, copper, corten, aluminium and plastic
2. How long will this coating last?
This coating has been engineered to remain effective for up to 10 years. It has been approved and is compliant with CSIRO APAS1441 certification. However, it’s continued effectiveness is determined by the method and number of graffiti removals from the surface. In order to maintain the integrity of this AG surface coating it is imperative to remove graffiti in accordance with the TDS. The use of other methods such as water-blasting and use of other chemical removers will have an adverse effect on the coating and possibly the substrate material. This will diminish the AG coatings continued effectiveness. In addition, repeated removals from the same area will also diminish the effective life of the AG coating. Where it becomes apparent that the coating is becoming ineffective and hard to clean we strongly suggest repairing the area by applying another coating of Nanoman Anti Graffiti.
3. Can this coating be applied to surfaces that have already been sealed?
No, Nanoman Anti Graffiti is a surface sealer and AG coating. It is engineered to bond with the natural porous substrate surface and may not do so properly if it has already been coated with another product.
4. Can I paint over top of Nanoman Anti Graffiti?
No, in most cases the coating will immediately reject any paint applied on top of it.
5. Can I apply Nanoman Anti Graffiti to painted surfaces?
Yes, being a clear coating, Nanoman AG is perfect for protecting murals and painted walls. The AG coating provides an effective barrier on top of the painted surface and graffiti can be removed easily without damaging the underlying artwork. The AG coating will actually help preserve the mural or painted surface from weather damage and environmental pollution.
6. Will Nanoman AG change the look of my wall?
When applied, Nanoman AG has a darkening effect on most substrates. This is more obvious on some materials that others. Initially this provides a wet, lacquered look, which on some materials like coloured bricks, sandstone, timber and painted surfaces, enhances the colour of the material slightly. On materials like grey concrete, cement sheeting and bluestone the colour change is more noticeable. The darkening effect will abate slightly over a period of about 8 weeks however on most materials it will remain as a permanent colour change. We recommend in some situations that you sample the coating first in an inconspicuous place so as to confirm that the colour change meets your visual requirements.
7. Is the coating a matt or gloss finish?
When first applied the coating has a definite gloss effect on most substrates. The effect is not as obvious on rough or textured surfaces. As the coating cures over a period of about 6-8 weeks, it hardens and looses some of this gloss effect.
8. Will the coating discolour, crack or peel off?
No, Nanoman AG is UV neutral and will not be affected by the sun or weather. Over a period of several weeks, the coating becomes intrinsic with the substrate material and is very hard to remove. It cannot discolour, crack or peel off at any stage although care needs to be taken when first applied and during it’s curing stage (ie 7 days).
9. How can I remove this coating if I want to paint/repaint the surface?
Nanoman AG is not easy to remove. It is designed as a 10 year barrier against graffiti. If it needs to be removed we recommend grinding it off. It will not be removed with chemical cleaners or acid.
10. What sort of coverage rate does this coating have?
We generally advise between 10 and 12 square metres per litre. This depends on the substrate material as some are more porous than others and also texture of the material, ie rough or smooth.
11. How do I apply this coating?
Please refer to the TDS for details about surface preparation and application. Some key points to note are as follows:
- Do not apply to a wet/damp surface
- Do not apply in wet conditions or where there is a likelihood of rain. The coating needs to remain dry for at least 4 hours post application.
- Remove all dirt, dust and unwanted marks from the surface before applying.
- Be careful working around other trades when applying. Dirt and sawdust will ruin the finish of the coating and is very hard to remove. Be careful when applying in windy conditions. We recommend the AG be applied in most cases at the end of the project.
- Keep the lid on containers at all times and do not re-cycle used product back into the container. Use clean brushes and equipment at all times to avoid contamination and for ease of application.
- In many cases, the AG coating will need to be thinned prior to application. This will usually be dependant on the outside air temperature and temperature at which the AG coating is stored. A higher temperature is better for applying the coating and will require less thinning. To thin we recommend using white spirits or mineral turps (do not use paint thinners). Stir the mixture slowly so as to avoid air bubbles. The AG solution can tolerate up to 30% thinning without loosing it’s efficacy. Stir occasionally to keep the solution as viscous as possible.
- Apply one coat only. The coating will start to dry quite quickly so it is best to provide a good coverage the first time. Patches and rework should be done within 10 minutes and only where the coating is still wet.
Nanoman Anti Graffiti porous is a ready to use, single coat application, clear coat that’s non-sacrificial in nature. We generally advise coverage rates as 10-12 square metres per litre however this is obviously dependant on the porosity of the material and how rough or smooth it is. Best application method is by spray gun, however it can also be painted on or applied with a roller. Please note, it may be necessary to slightly thin the mixture in order to apply it. We recommend using White Spirits or Mineral Turps. Stir slowly to avoid getting air bubbles in the mixture. There is a slight colour change with this coating giving a somewhat wet or slightly darker appearance. It is more noticeable on some substrates like grey concrete than it is on others like coloured brick and stone. The effects will lessen over time (i.e. 4-8 weeks). We recommend trialling it first in some situations to ensure it meets your visual requirements. Please also note, when first applied the coating has a rubbery feel and care should be taken not to rub it until it has fully cured. Curing can take up to 7 days and then it will continue to harden and become intrinsic to the substrate in 4-6 weeks post application. Once intrinsic to the substrate it will be very hard to remove and you would basically need to use a grinder to take it off.
This coating has an effective life of 10 years , but repeated graffiti removals in the same spot will eventually have an effect on the coating as will the method of graffiti removal. We recommend against pressure hosing to clean the graffiti off as this is not necessary with this coating and can only potentially damage the substrate and the coating itself. We recommend using Nanoman VOC free Graffiti Remover which does a great job of taking off all kinds of graffiti without damaging the coating and leaves no shadowing. This allows for targeted graffiti removal without damaging surrounding areas. Pressure hoses can be used post removal at no more the 800psi to give the wall a final wash down (if necessary). We would encourage whoever is responsible for the assets maintenance to adopt this cleaning method.
The coating is UV neutral and will not crack, flake or peel off due to UV. As with all our coatings, it is essential that the surface material to be coated is clean and dry prior to application. And it should be kept dry post application for at least 6-8 hours to enable it to dry. It will continue to cure over the next 3-4 days. In doing so, the nano particles will absorb into the surface and strengthen it (adding to its integrity and life span).
This coating has been tested by CSIRO and complies fully with the APAS1441 certification.
Nanoman Anti Graffiti Porous is available in 1 and 4 litre containers so as to minimise the amount of air that gets into the mixture. This avoids potential waste on small and medium size projects and is easily handled and transported. For larger orders and projects we supply in 20L drums.